[Dailydrool] Foster a senior

Elizabeth Kielley ekielley at messiah.edu
Mon Apr 6 12:15:05 PDT 2009

I LOVE the senior hounds.  I adopted our Maggie at 13 (my only non-foster
adoption).  Currently I am fostering Doc, whose breeder died.  He was going
to be PTS due to his age (12) but BROOD took him in and sent him to my
house.  To see him blossom has been so wonderful.  When I got him, he was
underweight and not real cuddly but he loved the lady bassets (he is
unneutered).  Now every morning he comes running to meet us at the bottom of
the stairs, he rubs my leg with his head when he wants me to snuggle with
him and he lays next to me whenever I am out in the garden.  He is a happy
little basset and he makes me smile every day.  And if he never gets
adopted, that's fine, he'll just live with us.
Liz Kielley
mom to Ma Barker, Dulcie, Filbert and Daisy-Kay and foster mom to Doc