[Dailydrool] Fostering seniors

Drew McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Mon Apr 6 13:44:38 PDT 2009

Seniors are wonderful. I should know, since we have a houseful of them now.
But the only one we fostered as a senior was our Alexis Thefairyprincess.
She came to us in bad condition, with many medical needs, and Tri-State saw
to them all. Finally, Drew got a raise that allowed us to adopt her (having
three hounds can get expensive, especially at the vet's!).

We have never been sorry we adopted her. She was a wonderful hound who just
wanted a place to sleep and enough good food to fill a bowl twice a day. She
came to us with a bag of really nasty dog food, and as soon as she tasted
the better stuff my hounds eat, she refused to have the old stuff. I had to
fill in for it with rice, so her tummy wouldn't get upset.

She was wonderful to foster and even better to adopt. I only wish she could
have stayed with us longer. Almost two years ago she flew off to the Bridge
as a result of lung cancer.

Seniors take a very special place in your heart. They are a great blessing.
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets: Lady Jane & Belvedere &
Alexis Thefairyprincess (ATB) & Abner Ahrooo