[Dailydrool] Kelvin/Gus updates

Carmen Kraus kdbeads at verizon.net
Mon Apr 6 13:51:44 PDT 2009

Gus still has his medication level a bit too high according to the
thyroid test so we are inching him a bit lower from 5mcg to 4mcg on the
levothyroxine. He's back to his bouncy self again.

Kelvin's BUN has dropped to 47. Which is good, since 2 months ago he was
109 or something like that. Goal is 25 or less so we are getting there.
Still looking for a food that is 18% protein that his stomach agrees
with but the 21% one we have now is ok. He's also on 1400 mg calcium
carbonate at every meal (2 TUMS), along with all kinds of vitamins for
breakfast. Right now the list is B-complex, C, E, fish oil, sea kelp,
slippery elm (for his stomach), senior multi vitamin that he prefers to
spit out and a famotodine tablet. The only thing the vet can figure is
that the neuter surgery at the low weight 'might' have caused some
problems, or it could have been the high dose of doxicylcene he was
given for the erhlichia. But he's getting better. And the vet has
revised his age to 11 or so instead of 9 due to his overall health and
his teeth. They had another vet look over his records so far and he
agrees with the older age. So I officially have an old man now