[Dailydrool] Barney's pathology report

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Tue Apr 7 16:01:11 PDT 2009

Stop the presses....it's NOT hemangiosarcoma! Don't know why I thought my dog would have something common. He has malignant fibrous histiocytoma. It states that it may actually cause infarcts due to hypercoagulability, so I'm thinking I need stop the Yunnan - the herb to stop bleeding. It says it can metastasize to lymph, liver, lung, kidney, bone. I really hope he doesn't develop bone pain from this. Prognosis is about the same for hemangiosarcoma from what I've seen so far. It does make sense, with the huge lymph nodes we saw. Figures it would be something weird.

Synthia, so many bellies to rub, so little time
Bud, Barney, Zuma, Kahuna, Pearl, coming attractions Bodhi and Mango
Ace, Maya, Sage, and soon Arlo