[Dailydrool] dog hair!

Katherine Nininger k9inger at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 08:30:44 PDT 2009

I thought this might make someone smile this morning after the sadness of
reading of the loss of yet another drool icon, Miss Becky.  First, a little
history:  I've been a member of the drool for almost 8 years and have seen
the topic of shedding dogs come up in the past.  Beau (ATB) shed, but never
really bad.  After he passed, we spent a couple of months dog free, then
decided to "rent to own".  We became a foster home for Carolina Basset Hound
Rescue and have 2 fosters:  Faith and Coco.

Now Faith sheds to beat the band!  I could clothe another basset in all the
hair I vaccuum, sweep, brush off and wash off the surfaces of our house!
And yes, we brush Faith constantly....if she were staying long term, I'd
invest in a shedding brush set that the Crazy Basset Lady sells.   So
anyway, the other day, I get in my car and wonder why I have dog hair on my
windshield.  I mean good heavens this stuff is everywhere.  I just happen to
glance up and see my dryer vent (which is above where we park since my
washer and dryer are upstairs).  It's absolutely covered in Faith hair!  I
was really trying hard not to laugh as I showed my husband, who doesn't
always see the humor in the same things I do....
Katherine and Beau (ATB) and fosters Faith and Coco