[Dailydrool] Answering Boardwaddle Questions

Pat Dill padill at starband.net
Wed Apr 8 19:19:34 PDT 2009

Dawn,

Having attended every single one of Tri-State's Boardwaddles, I think I can
help you out:

1.  Is it okay to attend just on Saturday? Of course!  Saturday is pawrade
and picnic day, and that is the biggest day of the weekend.  Not everyone
plans their vacation days around Boardwaddle weekend; it just seems that
way.  The Olympics on Friday are great fun, as is the Pawction on Friday
night, but one need not attend on Friday to join in the fun on Saturday.

2.  Do we have to walk in the parade with Lucy?  No, absolutely not.  Those
of us who volunteer before the parade usually don't participate; we are busy
putting things away from selling shirts or taking pledges or helping set up
for the picnic afterward.  If you are not volunteering and do not want to
walk in the parade, you may need to tread water for a bit before showing up
at the picnic (to give the volunteers a chance to get everything ready), but
Ocean City is a great place to people watch or window shop if you don't
participate in the parade.  On the other hand, you can do the abbreviated
version of the parade.  The way the parade is laid out you can cut down
almost any side street to get to the boardwalk, shortening the route as much
or as little as you like.  People with senior bassets who can't make the
whole route often do the "mini-version."

3.  Is there a minimum amount that we must get in pledges to attend?  Again,
no, absolutely not.  While this is our biggest fundraiser of the year,
Tri-State Basset Hound Rescue gladly welcomes all donations and pledges
regardless of the amount.  The publicity that is generated to educate the
public about basset rescue is as important to Tri-State's mission as the
fundraising.

I encourage you to come out and join us.  There is just nothing quite like
Boardwaddle weekend.

Pat Dill
Proud to be loved by Rosie, Bailey, Sampson and Lucy