[Dailydrool] seizure and drool needed

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 04:28:59 PDT 2009

Has anyone ever seen or heard of a seizure that just makes the dog's head
look like it is shaking back and forth "no" and the dog is wagging their
tail the whole time?  My niece Hershey (chocolate lab) has had two instances
of this in front of my sister and mother.  I told my mother to start
charting symptoms and situations in which it happens.  Mazzie, our youngest
basset (5 1/2), has had two seizures which both happened at my mother's old
house. She was unresponsive, completely weak and stiff.  I know that there
are different types of seizures, but just wondering if what Hershey has is
classified as a seizure.
Also, we could apparently use some drool here today.  Dang Thursday again.
My dogs know the vet is closed on Thursdays. Maggie has refused breakfast
repeatedly today. As she is laying near me I can hear her stomach making
some awful noises.  Gurgles and squeaky like sounds. They are almost
constant. Something is going on inside that belly. Of course I have my
neurologist appointment today and then I have to interview someone at 1
today so I cannot be here. I am thinking of calling the Dad slave home to
watch over Maggie and as it turns out our eldest 2 legger kid who is 12 also
says she doesn't feel well. So Maggie could use some drool that it is only
something minor and not getting back her colitis, pancreatitis, etc. that
almost has taken her away from us a few times including last fall.
Thank you,

--
DRool to all in need,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie, Oliver & Cooper