[Dailydrool] hyper bassett puppy

Lynda Fairbanks lyndafairbanks at att.net
Thu Apr 9 23:47:44 PDT 2009

I have been owned by at least one and usually two bassetts for 36 years. I must admit they all did an outstanding job of training me. I did at least get them house trained. They were lousy bed partners only because they hog the bed and assume that all covers and pillows were placed there for their comfort. I have spent more nights than I can count listening to the snoring in my (their) bed coverless and pillowless lying cross-ways in the bed because I didn't get there first and stake out my claim. Even that's no guarantee I can hold that claim. Even then maintaining possession is not always assure. But I now Have a problem I have never encounterd before, a hyper bassett that is so hyper that my nine year old bassett and I can't sleep with her even though she is now 5 mos old and I am not seeing any evidence of her slowing down. She literally bounces off the walls breaks things steals things off of shelves.she's a 4 legged  wrecking ball . Any ideas?
 Help! I'm used to 2 bassetts in my bed .