[Dailydrool] Seizure help

Hinchliffe at aol.com Hinchliffe at aol.com
Mon Apr 13 09:46:07 PDT 2009

I'd really appreciate any help or advice anyone could give that I could  pass
on to a friend.  Her sweet 14-year-old girl has had two major seizures  in
the past three days-- first ones in her life.  The vet can't figure out  the
cause.  She's on antibiotics in case it's an infection (her temperature  was
103).  They may put her on phenobarbitol this week, even though they  don't know
what's causing it.  (She doesn't move much or go anywhere, so  they're pretty
positive it's not poisons or anything ingested.  An MRI  might be indicated,
but given her age and health, they wouldn't do anything  invasive or major even
if they did figure out what's causing it, and with her  underlying heart
problem they don't want to sedate her for the test.)

Anyway, she's concerned about doing all she can to ease her dog's suffering
during the seizures.  (I was babysittting her yesterday for Easter, and she
had one, so now I'm concerned about what to do too, since I babysit for her
often.)

If anyone has any kind of similar experience (late and sudden onset of
seizures with no other symptoms or warnings), or general advice about what to do
during seizures to help, my friend and I would be really grateful to hear from
you.

Thanks.

Worried Beth H. (Duchess ATB and Blueberry ATB)
**************The Average US Credit Score is 692. See Yours in Just 2 Easy
Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221621489x1201450100/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID%
3D62%26bcd%3DAprilAvgfooterNO62)