[Dailydrool] Tick Season is Among Us!

George Strassburger gstrass781 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 11:35:25 PDT 2009

Hello All Fellow Drooler's,

Its  The Colonel and George from Boston, and yet again we have a first,
Yesterday My wife and I took on the painstaking task of removing 3
enbedded Dog Ticks from the Colonel's ear and leg and then later in the
day found anther one wondering around the Colonel's head. What a bad
month for this rescued 3 year old Basset - Dachshund Mix in his 1st
spring in the north.  We have had our 1st (and I hope, Only "colorful
Metaphor" skunk attack), Then two days later Aspiration Pneumonia, then
a week later to the Emergency Vet Hospital because of the Colonel's not
eating, bloody poops, and him being a very lazy Bup. He didn't want to go
out at all. Then while out the Emergency Vet, the doctor sticks a finger
up Colonel's tail pipe, in turn the dogs goes cross eyeed as he is
barking obscenities at the Vet. I will tell you it did not take a rocket
scientist to figure out what he was barking, I will save the ears of
everyone and not repeat the colorful things that dog can bark. Lastly
yesterday 4 Dog Ticks, and that brings me to the question that I am
looking for suggestions. Frontline or K9 advantix? My understanding is
Frontline only does fleas and ticks, and the Advantix does mosquitos,
and for that reason Advantix sounds a lot better to me.
But I figured I would I ask, what do people prefer? We have to worry about west
Nile Virus now, but Is there someone with any suggestions?

Drool to all
The Colonel & George in Boston