[Dailydrool] Tick Season is Among Us!

Sarah sarah.moore1 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 13 12:47:25 PDT 2009

Down here in New Jersey tick season arrived over a month ago!  The only one
so far to have an embedded tick has been ME!  I have to go for my Lyme blood
test here in a few days just to be sure I am clear.  Penny is on Frontline
and so doesn't get them or fleas thankfully.

We just adopted a gerbil from rescue a few weeks ago that developed fleas
this week (I guess she must have had eggs on her or in her bedding).  I have
never had to give a flea bath to a small rodent before.
Wish I had someone here to video me in my leather gardening gloves bathing a
white gerbil who was squeaking her disapproval loudly. Hopefully that will
be the end of the bug situation in the house.

Sarah
Penny, Spiro (rock with legs who still freaks out Penny) and a dripping wet
Snow White.