[Dailydrool] For the "Do Not Adopt To" list

decadog at comcast.net decadog at comcast.net
Tue Apr 14 08:16:20 PDT 2009

Rescue groups, please put this name on your DNA lists: Nathaniel Allen Darling, who had a drivers license address in Athens, Georgia. He adopted a one year old Basset from a public shelter in Utah, saying he'd be traveling back to Georgia with him. He tired of the dog on the trip and was trying to dump him at a rest stop. Luckily, a husband and wife (long-haul truckers) at the rest stop intervened when they heard Mr. Darling's story and took "Doogie" with them. They traveled with him for a few weeks, but realized their confined life was not for a young basset. They contacted LVBR while coming through town and we appreciate their care and concern. The Utah shelter did confirm this account--Doogie was adopted to Nathaniel Allen Darling on March 14th, 2009. We've alerted Georgia BHR in case Mr. Darling ends up back in their territory, but he could show up anywhere. Don't know if he was a trucker himself or was just visiting Utah. Most likely he adopted this Basset on a whim, but quickly became overwhelmed with Doogie's energy. Things could have gone very wrong, but the ethereal Basset angels were hovering over and protecting this hound. You can see Doogie's cute self on our site at: http://www.rescuebassets.com/adoptmales.htm

Darlene, for Las Vegas Basset Rescue