[Dailydrool] It's BOARDWADDLE PAWCTION TIME!! FLYERS WHINE, EDDIE MONEY STUFF...and a MAGNIFICENT QUILT

bassetslave at comcast.net bassetslave at comcast.net
Tue Apr 14 07:35:27 PDT 2009

It is me, Cakie.....abused BoardWaddle Basset Hostess. You houndies just don't know what we go through around here.....slaves running in and out, staying up to all hours, not sitting on the couch with us, serving dinner late, Nudgie had a BATH at midnight  and...perish the thought NOT serving adequate cookies. Which means... IT IS BOARDWADDLE WEEK.

NOW then....a big source of the basset crap flying through the air, click of the camera and flurry of the keyboard....is it is PAWCTION TIME AGAIN. The humans all gather for dinner and bid on fabulous basset crap. This year there are even a couple non basset things that ..... Auntie Bonnie has about half the stuff up and is adding more every night.....this is not EBAY....it is proxy bidding. Auntie Kathy Riker will bid for you....but ya gotta read the the directions and email her your best bids!

Let's start.........so you can tell your friends who are either PHILADELPHIA FLYER or EDDIE MONEY Fans.....oh dear oh dear, so much good stuffs.

FIRST...there are two bottles of whine from the NHL stars line in a box signed by, are you ready...ohmy....Bobby Clarke and Dave Schultz! Don't know who they are? Ask your friends who were around Philadelphia in the 70's! As Philadelphia Flyers, Bobby Clarke and Dave Schultz are two of the greatest hero’s in Philadelphia Sports History. Dave "The Hammer" Schultz has selected his personal favorite Chardonnay as part of the NHL Alumni Signature Wine Series. Bobby Clarke has added, “Clarkie’s Cab” to the collection. The winner of this auction will receive a logo signed bottle of each, in a box personally signed by Bobby Clarke and Dave Schultz, together with a photograph of them during the signing. Gotta bid to get that picture! Dawnslave is willing to part with this treasure only because she managed to get her picture taken with the two of them. She'll put in a copy of that, knowing you don't care that she is in it, but they are! Please tell your hocky loving friends!

SECOND ---- if you remember the 80's...or maybe if you don't, ya gotta be a fan of Eddie Money. Who has to be the nicest rock star ever.....and himself slave to two bassets (even if he doesn’t spell 'bassett' too well.) He’s kindly posed with a friend (friend to be pawctioned separately....) and signed a picture to Tri-State Basset Rescue. Auntie Kathy and my slave went to hear him last year and he talked about his bassets on stage.

Walli adds a signed XL T-Shirt and Frisbee. Wonderful collectibles for any fan who also has a basset!

Donated by Eddie Money & Walli Gnatowski

THIRD ...Auntie's Amanda and Sharon have teamed up to make a fabooo basset quilt for this year's pawction. Last year She slave paid through the toofies for Amanda's commemorative BW quilt. Before she came home with blondeslave's blue and black ensemble. This year they got together and spent a nickzillion hours on a quilt!

A  Queen size rag quilt is made up of various flannel and mini wale corduroy patches. The quilt is made with a "tuck" meaning there is extra length to allow for tucking under and over your pillows. There is a fabulous floral border with sequins highlighting the "tuck". The colors are predominantly red and black with adorable hound patches. The backing is flannel, black with red paw prints in the center and alternating black with red pawprints and red with black paw prints for the border.

Created and Donated by Sharon Wilder and Amanda Sherwin

PLEASE BID. Some years Auntie Kathy ships a bunch. Sometimes not....but gives it your best shot...and keep checking back!

http://www.tristatebassets.org/boardwaddle/pawctioninfo2009.html

Cakie, GM 01, Basset Hostess, ELEVEN time waddler. (I think there is one more but she hasn't woofed me.) BoardWaddle with me and Bonk and Rollins April 17-18, OSHUN City, NJ.

NO RAIN DOING GOOD NO RAIN GIVE ME A COOKIE NO RAIN I NEED A DATE NO RAIN NO RAIN STOMP NO RAIN NO RAIN NO RAIN NO RAIN.

.....and please pet Nudgie who will be bringing his wheel cart and hanging out. He'd like a cookie, too.