[Dailydrool] Things Bassets Try To Remember...

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Tue Apr 14 06:44:52 PDT 2009

A friend sent me this and I thought it was too funny - and TRUE, LOL,
not to share with you all.

Sandi, Mamaslave to The Belles and The Boys - Daisy, Delilah, Dozer and
Dudley

   1. The garbage collector is not stealing our stuff even though I
haven't gotten the chance to rip the bag to shreds to see what was in
it.
   2. I do not need to suddenly stand straight up when I'm lying under
the coffee table.
  3. I will not roll my toys behind the fridge.
  4. I must shake the rainwater out of my fur before I enter the house.
  5. I will not eat the cat's food, before or after they eat it.
   6. I will stop trying to find the few remaining pieces of clean
carpet in the house when I am about to throw up or have an accident.
  7. I will not throw up in the car.
  8. I will not roll on dead seagulls, fish, crabs, etc.
  9. I will not lick my human's face after eating animal dung.
10. "Kitty box crunchies" are not food.
11. I will not eat any more socks and then redeposit them in the
backyard or house depending on which end processes it first.
12. The diaper pail is not a cookie jar.
13. I will not play tug-of-war with Dad's underwear when he's on the
toilet.
14. I will not chew my human's toothbrush and not tell him.
15. I will not chew crayons or pens, especially not the red ones, or my
people will think I am hemorrhaging.
16. I will not take whatever I please and hide it under the bed so my
people ca have a scavenger hunt looking for it.
17. When in the car, I will not insist on having the window rolled down
when it's raining outside.
18. We do not have a doorbell.  I will not bark each time I hear one on
TV.
19. I will not steal my Mom's underwear and dance all over the backyard
with it.
20. The sofa is not a face towel. Neither are Mom and Dad's laps.
21. My head does not belong in the refrigerator.
22. I will not bite the officer's hand when he reaches in for Mom's
driver's license and car registration.
23. I will not stand around Mom when she is cooking or when she is
carrying her coffee, so she won't trip over me.
24. I will not beg for food at the supper table, and especially not eat
someone's food if they leave it for just a moment.
25. I will not tear up the patio furniture, or put holes in the screen
so I may jump in and lounge, just because I don't want to stay outside
for more than two minutes
26. I will not chase the cat and knock over breakable things in the
process.
27. I will allow Mom and Dad some room and covers when we go to bed.