[Dailydrool] Please send drool....

earthyoga at aol.com earthyoga at aol.com
Tue Apr 14 20:58:06 PDT 2009

Oh my dog!? We took in another foster Lavern a few weeks back and I am happy to say that she is now ours too....we must be nuts but just could see her going to another place.? She fit in and they all get along and play all the time.? Now for why we need some drool.? I took Lavern to the vet today because she started limping late Sunday night.? Not a big limp but still noticeable.? They think she has a torn ligament on her knee, possibly not torn all the way.? The good news is we are going to try and do a series of shots, similar to what they do for humans for?a few weeks to see if it helps.? She doesnt' appear to be in any pain certainly hasn't acted like it - runs, jumps, plays, eats - If it doens't help we will have to have surgery to repair it.? I always thought her back legs were a bit strange.? They always looked a bit longer than her front paws....the second part of this is when they took the xray of her leg the vet got a real surprise.? Lavern really likes?to chew on all sorts of things that aren't good - rocks, sticks - you get the idea and the little imp apparently has swallowed what appears to be the base from a piece of furniture.? It's about as big as a nickel with a very sharp point that sticks into the furniture - I was horrified.? Again the great news is this object has made it's way almost the whole way through her without sticking herself.?Truely a miracle given the size and the end on it. It has moved so far that they feel it will pass within the next 24 hours.? It's so unbelievable!? So I am on poop watch for sure.? Again she never was sick, never stopped eating never showed any signs of discomfort....And although we aren't quite out of the woods with it she should relieve herself of it soon.? Giving her soft food to "help" ease it the rest of the way.? I brought the xrays home to show hubby who feels so guilty.? The piece is from the bottom of a bench that he worked on last week.? He pulled the leg pieces? out of the 30 gallon garbage can that he cut off and sure enough one of the ends was mi

ssing the piece.? He can't believe that it fell out because it took him 10 minutes and he had to split the wood to get it out so I can take it in to show them what it is.? We are feeling so blessed even with her knee issue because this could have easily punctured her intestine.? If it hadn't been for her knee we would never have known - probably would have found it cleaning the yard, but still...so please send the drool!

Emily and the Gareis girls, Maggie, Bailey, Princess, Trixie and Lavern (the goat)