[Dailydrool] My Resident Thief

livia9399 at aol.com livia9399 at aol.com
Wed Apr 15 11:26:06 PDT 2009

First, drool to all in need and congrats and welcome to any and all new buppies, adoptees, etc.? I rarely post, but just have to share this story about my Bella and the loaf of sourdough bread (which, as I am sure you have?probably guessed, no longer exists).? Yesterday, I was home sick with a terrible migraine.? Bella, as usual, stayed quietly by my side all day, good little nurse that she is, occassionally poking me in the face with her cold nose to make sure I was still among the living.? In the late afternoon, I finally managed to get up and wander into the kitchen, in search of the loaf of sourdough bread Geoff alleged he'd purchased the night before, thinking some tea and toast might help.? I searched the fridge, freezer, cupboard, counters, even the entertainment center and the garage.? Not only no bread, but no bag, crumbs, nada - no evidence of there ever having been a loaf of bread anywhere.? The entire time I searched in vain, Bella sat on the couch with a curious little twinkle in her eyes.? Geoff arrived home from work and checked his car, no bread there, either.? We were perplexed, as he was certain he placed it waaaaaayyy back on the counter behind the Kitchen Aide mixer.? Around 8:30 PM, we left briefly to run an errand for my dad and returned home.? Bella was happy to see us and greeted us, tail wagging, with her squeaky hedgehog in her mouth, as usual.? When I went upstairs to relax in the bedroom, I found, directly in front of the bedroom door, the plastic bag the bread had been in?with a 3 to 4 inch hole ripped neatly in middle.? There was not only no bread, but there were no crumbs anywhere, either.? Well, we did find out what happened to the bread.? What's puzzling is where the heck she had it hidden between the time she found it and the time she consumed it that evening.? Needless to say, we watched her carefully for any signs of digestive issues, but she curled up by my side and went to sleep, lookin g very, very happy with herself.? Clever girl.? Maybe she does have a catapult and some g

rappling hooks hidden somewhere . . .

Linda, and Bella the Bread Thief