[Dailydrool] been an expensive morning (so far)

Bonnie Garner parrothead at ripleycable.net
Fri Apr 17 10:27:17 PDT 2009

I guess when you have two young girls that love life and each other as much as Lowretta and Lillie Pearl, things are bound to happen that you in no way can plan for.

Last night when Lowretta came in to crash (because she had been playing and running and wrestling for hours) I noticed her underground fence collar was missing.  Culprit:  Lillie Pearl.  We took a flashlight and looked  and looked but gave up (at least the DH did) and came on in.  At first light I looked some more but nothing.  Finally found what was left of the collar and receiver later this morning.  Total price:  Approx. $100.

 And the kept playing.  Came in for their morning nap about 10:30.  I went to pet them both and when Lillie Pearl turned over for her bellyrub, a huge flap of skin opened up and I could see her body.  No blood, but a huge gash.  Called vetspital and went up there.  She is in recovery now from being stitched up and will come home at 1:00 on antibiotics.  Total cost:  Who knows?  I'll find out in a little bit.

    The Strut Your Mutt parade is tomorrow and I've spent waaay too much on garb for the dogs.  They will look too cute, but had I known this, we would have just worn our bandanas.

    So really I guess it's a typical Friday in a basset household -- money going out faster than it comes in.

    A little drool for Lillie Pearl as she recovers and for her mama as she tries to find out what happened to her.

Bonnie
Slave to Stanley, Beachbaby, Lowretta, Lillie Pearl, Stella (ATB), J.D. (ATB), Begonia (ATB)