[Dailydrool] doggie doors

Tina Zantrofski dzantrofski69 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 18 08:09:42 PDT 2009

Thanks to everybody who responded about my questions with the doggie doors.
Of all the responses I received, every one was a positive experience. I am
going to take the advice of measuring the doggie door and seeing if everyone
can get in and out the door with only being able to open the door half the
distance before I actually purchase one.   I wish there was some way to
install one on the part of the slider that doesn't actually move, the
stationary door, but I don't think that is possible.  I did have another
question about efficiency.  Do you find you loose a lot of heat during the
winter?  My dogs are constantly in and out so I'm constantly having to open
the door anyway but I'm just wondering about drafts. I can't put anything
next to the opening like a dog house because the door opens onto 3 steps
down to the patio, there is no landing.  My heating bills are pretty high as
it is so that's another consideration.

Again, thanks for the advice and I'll let ya know what happens..

Tina and the crew in MA