[Dailydrool] My Thelma

Pam Watkins pam10447 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 14:48:08 PDT 2009

Sunday, the 26th, will be Thelma's 8th birthday.  I gotcha'd her on Dec 17th
last year.  She was a give away by a byb/puppy miller - she had outlived her
usefullness to him.  When I went to see her she was mud covered and smelled
to high heaven.  Brought her home, gave her a bath, fed her and off to sleep
she went on the couch.  She knew she was home.  It didn't take me long to
realize that she was a dog in basset skin.  She had no basset qualities
other than those deep soulful eyes. Slowly but surely she has come around,
when we would go for walks her head was up and tail was down...now her head
is down sniffing away and the tail is up soooo proudly.  She didn't know how
to give a kiss so, the first time she did was so exciting.  A month ago, she
rolled over for her first ever request of a bellyrub.  She found her bark
about 6 weeks ago and has no problem letting anyone know she is around.
This past weekend she started to do the "dance" as I call it...and she did
it with so much gusto, I had to laugh.  the most recent was her first ever
"flat basset" , she did that on Saturday.  She now has the look down pat and
for her it works.   She is ruling Henry with an iron paw - and yes, he
adores her.  Maybe one of these days she will join him in a play session or
the basset 500.  I am so looking forward to that.   I love this girl so
much!  Happy Birthday, My Sweet Thelma.

Mom and Henry
Adopt a Senior - you will never be sorry!