[Dailydrool] Lillie Pearl sprung a leak

Bonnie Garner parrothead at ripleycable.net
Mon Apr 20 15:13:49 PDT 2009

Well, you may (or may not) remember last Friday Lillie Pearl, my youngest, got cut someway in the yard.  We paid some bucks to have stitches and brought her home.  Friday she was very groggy.  Just laid around all afternoon and evening.  Saturday she was very sore.  More laying around.  Sunday she was wide open.  At some point Sunday she must have popped a stitch somehow.  Because now it's leaking.

    I took her to the vet this morning but the doc had an all-day farm call so me and the vet tech decided to leave it be and give her an E-collar.  Now that's just plain cruel.  I was thinking it would keep her calm, maybe even depressed, and maybe, just maybe, the leakage would stop and heal on its own.

    I'll be taking her to the vet in the morning.  The e-collar took her about all of 10 minutes to figure she could play still and use it to her advantage.  So much for the calming effect.

    We'll see what doc says in the morning.  In the meantime, I believe this calls for a bottle of red to match the furniture she keeps leaking on.

Bonnie
Slave to Stanley, Beachbaby, Lowretta, Lillie Pearl, Stella (ATB), J. D. (ATB), Begonia (ATB)