[Dailydrool] Cakie's BW thank you!

boardwaddle boardwaddle at comcast.net
Mon Apr 20 20:09:21 PDT 2009

It is me. A very tired Cakie. I must arooo a lot of thank you's
for the BoardWaddle weekend. First I must point out some of the impawtant
points.

1.       IT DID NOT RAIN. The weather was PAWFECT. Sunny, warm..slight wind
off the oshun. Waddle of our dreams. This DOES NOT HAPPEN TO US! About the
second time in 11 years it was so pawfect. The crowd was huge, she slave is
still counting hounds. Thanks for the stompin! It rained up till Weds,
backed off on Thursday and started again on Sunday.but we got the window of
PAWFECT WEATHER. Thank you, weather dawGs..and feyfey who tries hard.

2.       My beloved daughter, Petunia and I tied for closest to the ground
with Zephyr Funk just behind, er, less low than us. Since I am the mom, I
kept the first place medal. Petunia didn't care. We got the same box of Old
Mother Hubbard Cookies either way.

3.       Chunky edged out King George for Longest Ears. I am beyond words.
Love George, Love Chunky.

4.       Good moolah for the paw hounds...he slave will be counting money
for quite a while.but the top pledge winners were amazing! Too soon to know
if it was truly more than last year, but he slave is cautiously optimistic
and the slaves are HUGELY grateful to all the wonderful people who came
through for Tri-State Basset Rescue in the not so hot economy. Pawction
bidding was great fun and folks were very generous. Including Dr. Stinky who
now has a $375 toilet seat cover created by King George's slave, Kay. (Both
my she slave and my breeder slave are still muttering that they really did
want to win it!)

5.       I got lots of humans to thank and at risk of offending anybody who
I pawget,
remember I am old and so is the typist..... thanks to Paul Curley who went
with the he
slave to fetch the cookies and soda and haul stuff on Thursday. (He slave
really does need more help on Thursday.)

Thanks to Sandybob and Pam and Jason and Erika for doing the Olympics.

Thanks to Auntie Diana and Uncle Frank who not only came all the way from
Ireland to help haul stuff to the pawction, but were the last ones to leave
that night...then they waddled WrongWay Rusty! Thanks  Aunties Sharon Wilder
and Marion for checking folks in and to Aunties Lisa and Ilene and King
George's Kay and my favorite Auntie Moosebarb even if she is a little
chintzy with the cookies, for hawking stuffs cause they done real, real
good. Thanks to the prize girls, Kathy Z and Lori who don't even have hounds
and Erika! Thanks to  Uncle Sandybob for taking the moolah....and did we
mention Frank, Diana and Moosebarb for staying till the end  haul the stuff
out???

Thanks to the basset wrangler Sam and Jason who stepped up at the last
minute to lead the pawrade!!(who also did pictures and games wif Auntie
Erika...proving ya can do stuff wif a toddler.) Thanks to original slave
Sharon,  Cadbury's Karen,
and Auntie Kathy and Doreen for signin in the folks and passing lots of
moolah to Doug the waddle accountant! Thanks to Aunties  Pat and
Amanda for selling shirts and Auntie Donna and Bob for hawking coffee!

Thanks to Kathy Z and Lori for coming back on Saturday.....Kathy runs the
picnic with a team of little kids from Ocean City Elementary school who are
pawsome! Thanks to her kind, her kids and the chefs, Ed and Jim who have
cooked somewhere in the neighborhood of 14,000 hot dawgs over the years!!
Thanks to Aunties A and Marilyn and Cathy B for guarding the gate with
waddle accountant, Doug.

Thanks to the pawfectly pawvelous sales team that had the unflappable and
helpful Auntie Moosebarb...Pat and Carol and Walli and Amanda and Cathy.
Rumors that they personally bought more stuff than they sold are, well,
probably true! (..and they sold a lot.) ....big thanks to those who stayed
to haul stuff and my breederslave Hank for helping unload the truck with
Uncle Frank, loading it again and unloading the truck with the he slave on
Sunday morning.

BIG thanks to Auntie Kathy R for being the proxy bidder (she had some
winners!) and doing registration and POOP raffle and measuring ears and
bellies.....with thanks t o Auntie Sue.. Auntie Amanda and the she slave
walked the field at the end and found almost no poop!

Thanks to Auntie Deb for not only the shirt design, but bringing the little
concrete houndies! Much to he slave's surprise, the dozen ordered were sold
and she slave blatantly stole the dozen destined to have gone to Long Island
right out of Deb's car. She sold two between the car and the door of the
country club! Then she sold her own, right off the porch of my house!!! (She
can wait till Auntie Deb fetches more.)

Thanks to everybody who donated stuff, bid on stuff, bought raffle tickets,
contributed to the various pledge incentives and worked their tails off.
Thanks to the amazing pledge winners, two of whom beat last year's high
pledge..I am a stunned cakie.

I could keep mooing and I'm sure I have already missed somebody, but I'm
sorry and grateful and tired......and need a cookie!

Thank you all for coming and pledging and donating stuffs and bidding and
buying and making it work for another year! Grand Marshall Xandy Bear was
born to the title. She was elegant and loved the crowd. Thank you Auntie
daWn for the lovely tiara!!

THANK YOU EVERYBODY. I can't woof enough.

Cakie, GM 01 Basset Hostess
Thanking everybody who BoardWaddled with me in Oshun City, April 17-18.
Because of you the poor hounds live.

Rolling on to Mishgun, more about that later.