[Dailydrool] electric (invisible) fence

jacanny at aol.com jacanny at aol.com
Tue Apr 21 04:43:48 PDT 2009

We had great success with our invisible fence.  I bought an extra lesson or 2 for the bassets - expecting them to be a bit more stubborn in training - but they figured it out.  MacKenzie also figured out that if her collar isn't buzzing she can cross.  So we checked batteries fairly frequently.  We're currently renting while our house is being built - and we have a hard fence.  The tiny yard is too small for the invisible fence, but the hard fence is working well.  I took our system with us (not the wiring of course, but the system itself) and plan on installing it at the new house.  I expect to have to give them a little training to learn the boundaries.  We had our invisible fence installed at the last house over 13 years ago.  What a great way to let the dogs run free.  In 13 years, we only had 2 dogs come into our yard - and they were together, and fortunately very friendly.  Leash laws help keep unwanted buddies out.