[Dailydrool] Boardwaddle - Thank you Dawn and Rich!!!

Lisa Rendina lrendina at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 22 11:29:18 PDT 2009

I just read Cakie's very nice report of the boardwaddle and all of the thank yous that went out to everyone that helped, including the thank you to me, Auntie Lisa.  You are quite welcome Cakie.  I have been bassetless for a while now and I love to help out every year in memory of my Bingo (ATB 3/13/05).

But I wanted to say thank you to your slaves Cakie; Dawn and Rich.  I am sure you know that your Momma was up lots of late nights during this past year getting everything ready for the boardwaddle.  I know she sent me a few emails way late in the evening (or more accurately, way early in the AM, as in 2am, 4am).  I was in awe to see her at the waddle dinner and at the picnic all smiles and cheer, so happy that the day arrived. If I tried functioning on that low amount of sleep, I would have been a complete monster!

They did a TON of work to get things ready. I helped your Momma set up for the dinner on Friday and helped your Daddy set up the picnic.  Now, he was no happy camper when the menfolk didn't show to set up tables and unload all of those hot dogs!  But he still did a ton of work to get everything ready.  He even set up that giant basset houndie all by himself!  Wow.  I am in awe!

I am a very busy person, between full time work, taking care of 2 little 2 leggers, a hubby, a 4 legged warmaraner mix and a feathery lovebird every day.  I do so much for everyone else and always forget to do something for me.  So when the boardwaddle comes, I know I am going to work very hard on something for someone else that means a lot to ME.  It's my time for me if you can understand that.  It makes me feel so good to stay up late on Friday night helping with the dinner and pawction and get up early on Saturday morning to sell the basset crap.  I know I am helping the same people that helped my Bingo find me!

So thank you thank you thank you Dawn and Rich for giving me that opportunity and thank you also for all of the very very very hard work you do!!

HOORAY!

Lisa Rendina