[Dailydrool] Two drools

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 22 15:28:27 PDT 2009

I am one of the hotmail people who stopped getting the drool for a while last week.  Now I am getting it at hotmail and Charter.  Two is certainly better than none.

It is gloriously warm here today.  In the 70's which is wonderful.  I also didn't work today so the houndage has had the backdoor open most of the time.  Their favorite thing is to hang half in and half out of the door.  The one who gets there first controls the access.  Right now, shy old Shelby is the one in the door.  The others won't cross the thresh hold with her there even though she has never shown them any aggression except over food.  Maggie who is such a moose will sit on the patio and screech until I come to the door to help her in.  I think Shelby is proud of herself and is laughing at them.

And the DH finally fixed the fence so no one can get under to heckle the dogs next door.  At least it has held for two days.  No more "chocolate covered" bassets.  They have been pacing the fence plotting and scheming to no avail.  It is much more peaceful now.  The really loud bellowing only takes place when they are only separated by the one fence.  Suits me just fine.

Shelby is so funny.  We've determined that she is almost deaf.  She cannot hear us unless we are right by her or are yelling which startles her.  She just watches the others and when they do something so does she.  But, she has great eyesight.  She was really barking at the back door before I had opened it and I couldn't see anything.  Then I noticed one small squirrel on the fence at the edge of the neighbor's fence.  That girl can see.  She loves to watch the squirrels and birds in the trees.  I'm glad she has things to enjoy in her old age.

I hope everyone has had a pleasant Wednesday.  Shelby is pushing the water bowl around telling me to get in there and fill it.

We are sending drool to all those in need, especially to those who loved and cared for Gus.

Julie with the Southern Illinois Girls