[Dailydrool] Update on House of Puddles

Melynda Majors mmajors at dcemail.com
Fri Apr 24 09:05:45 PDT 2009

Marilyn received a total invoice for all of Gus’s vet expenses yesterday.  The full amount comes  to $6,200.00.  This has more than wiped out HOP’s bank account.  We have also changed the target fundraising amount on Gus's Firstgiving page to reflect the new vet bill.

HOP is so grateful to everyone who has donated to The Gus Memorial Fund.  Marilyn and House of Puddles could not continue to do what they do without the generous support of basset lovers, friends and furends.

I have two small requests:

1) Would you send the link to Gus’s page to some of your basset (and non basset) friends, and tell them about HOP? (Or post it on webboards or your Facebook page or print it out and tape it to your office door, etc.) http://www.firstgiving.com/hop-gus

2) BassetHoundTown.com is holding an eBay pawction to benefit HOP, featuring several gorgeous pieces of handcrafted jewelry by talented artisan and basset lover Brenda Waldrop.  The pawctions end on April 30th.  All proceeds will go directly to HOP.  Bid early and often, and please tell your friends and furends! http://www.bassethoundtown.com/blog/2009/04/23/in-honor-of-liz-and-gus-for-mothers-day or go to http://www.bassethoundtown.com/blog and look for the pics of Liz and Gus. I am a garnet snob (garnets are my absolute favorite stone) and these are gorgeous.

I'm going to drive up to Frederick to visit Marilyn this weekend, just to check in and give her a hug and pet all the HOPpers.  It’s been a sad week at HOP, with Liz going to the Bridge on Monday and Gus on Tuesday, but she’s received many comforting notes from her furends. If you want to drop her a line, it’s olddogs at houseofpuddles.org

Melynda, Becky & Lilly
Pawshington, DC (DogsnotCats)