[Dailydrool] Miss Hennessy

Janine Smith janine at jzine.com
Fri Apr 24 21:24:25 PDT 2009

Some of you might remember Miss Hennessy. Her exploits have been Drool
fodder for many years. She's probably 17 now, I got her 15 years ago from
Basset Hound Rescue of Southern California (back when Adrienne was running
it, thanks, A!). You might have seen her greeting cards at BHRSC. You might
have heard the stories of her Basset Massage booth at the BHRSC Spring
Games. You might remember her auctions on Hound's Bay (always for charity).
You might have been on the Drool Howliday card lists for her memorable Santa
photos. If you're local, you've heard my many tales of mayhem and
destruction.

Miss Ness has cancer. It's melanoma, in her mouth, which is notoriously
fast-growing. We're not going to treat it, she's older than dirt as it is,
she has severe arthritis, we'll just keep her happy and comfortable as long
as we can.  Mostly these days, she's sleeping, getting up for a short walk,
or asking for cookies. When I'm 107 or so, I think I should get all the
cookies I want, too!

This is the longest I've had any dog, it's killing me, of course. If you
happen to have a memory of Hennessy, please send it along, I'd love to hear
it.

And hug and kiss your dogs for me.

Janine