[Dailydrool] Kelvin, 4 months later

Carmen Kraus kdbeads at verizon.net
Sat Apr 25 19:58:26 PDT 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_fAY8w_z_8
We are still working with him on his past mistreatment issues so he's
still overly shy, especially around other dogs and big men.  And he is
still not a large herd type of basset but he's okay, no playing with the
others yet.  Curie bugs the crap out of him, but she does that to
everyone.  We have topped out at 51 pounds and considering his renal
issues the vet wants to stop there.  He's had extra fluids due to the
heat so he looks a bit puffy in this video.

He loves kids though.  I found that out quite by accident when we were
in the front yard and he kept trying to get loose and run across the
park next door where there were a bunch of preschoolers playing.  I'm
going to see if the teachers will let me come over every once in a while
with him.  Give him something to do.

P.S. If you or anyone you know is looking to adopt a basset, I still
have Sally and Schroeder up for adoption!!

Carmen