[Dailydrool] poor Maggie Wags

Marsdoxy2 at aol.com Marsdoxy2 at aol.com
Mon Apr 27 12:48:19 PDT 2009

Well,  it has been extremely warm here, 87 today and it has been like  this
for the last four days, so my hubby and I decided to put down our  awning
over our patio, we love sitting outside in the mornings for our coffee,  and
reading the paper, well Maggie and Annie love the big back yard  but  poor
Maggie is scared to death of the awning,  it makes noise when the wind  blows
hard and so she sits out in the middle of the yard expecting us to come
out there and sit with her,    no way jose,  isn't  going to happen !!!!  so
now, when I want Maggie to come in  the house,  ( she doesn't want to walk
under the awning,)  she  sits out in the yard and waits for me to open the
back door as far as it will  open , I have to prop it open all the way and then
she runs as fast as she  can into the back door. it is so funny.  we also
now do earthworm patrol  every damn night before  bed,  she takes forever to
do her potty  because she wants to hunt these stupid worms, and if I try to
pull on  her leash,  she just sets down or falls over and does the flat
Basset   and do you think she will move ??????
hell no !!!!! trying to lift her hind end is like trying to move a parked
car !!!!!  I even take treats out with me and she just gives me that damn
look like,  "  I know what the hell you are trying to do and it isn't  going
to work "
So I stomp into the house mumbling to my self and I tell her the  boogie
man is going to get her because she is afraid of the dark, so  I turn out
the back yard light and then she runs for the door.  I  honesty cant believe
that I am 60 years old and I am playing these stupid  little  nightly mind
games with a four legger !!!!
Is it any wonder I am drinking so much wine ???? My husband wont even
attempt to take her out he says that he " cares what the neighbors think about
him "    HA !!!!!  seriously,  the high light of my day  is trying to devise
a method to outwit my Bassets ?

Marlene  ( my mind is gone )  mommy to Maggie Wags and Evil  Annie
web. Get the Radio Toolbar!