[Dailydrool] Dutch Basset Rescue and NY marathon

Jolanda jolanda at telefonica.net
Wed Apr 29 06:28:13 PDT 2009

This is so nice, I want to share this with you! I'm part of the team of the Dutch Basset Rescue. It's a quite young organisation of five volunteers. We find new homes for bassets who cannot stay with there owner, for whatever reason you can think of. For real problem cases and emergencies we have a special fund -the BIN-box for Bassets in Need. Of course we keep looking for ways to raise money since we depend on donations. One of the volunteers' brother is going to do the next New York City Marathon, november 1st. That's great as it is, but it gets even better: he's going tot run for the bassets in need! isn't that fantastic!!! Through sponsoring. We allready have found a lot of sponsors and it's only april yet. A day before the NY marathon René (that's his name) will also run the Friendship Run, where you can find runners in all kinds of outfits. And René, off course, will be there in his basset-outfit. He´ll be a life-size basset! One of the sponsors is making his basset- suit right now!
Of course it would be fantastic to have some Droolers encouraging him at some point of the trail. Or even to get in touch with other participants?? We have two websites (for the moment only in Dutch, but perhaps nice to get an idea, and perhaps with some help of an internet-translation machine). One is the basset rescue site: www.bassetherplaatsen.nl and the other one is made especially around René and the NY marathon www.everyoneweb.com/renevanbasten.

Drool to all who are in need!
Jolanda