[Dailydrool] A good day

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Wed Apr 29 14:36:36 PDT 2009

Hi to all the Droolers ,
We are coming along. Kirby is doing great - still with the occasional grungy cough, but feeling well. Maya can be a bit obnoxious when she plays and Kirby gives it right back to her, which is good. They have been playing alligator mouth quite a lot, which is some sight between a St. Bernard and a Great Dane!

Mango had normal poop yesterday and today, no blood or black! Yippee! So tonight I will start adding her food back. I am to do it slowly over 5 days and continue the pepcid (pretty much forever) and the carafate . If she does well, then we will reschedule her surgery. She is so cute and follows me around like a little shadow. She is still somewhat reserved and sort of surprised that she can do whatever she wants. She spends lots of time going in and out and in and out...I think it's a novel idea that she can go through the door whenever she wants. Then, a big break through today. I came home with a headache, so laid down on the couch for a minute. Mango came over and jumped up, so I gave her a boost - she wanted to sit on the couch with me! At first she was stiff and nervous, then she gradually relaxed. She finally laid down next to me and went to sleep. I stayed on the couch longer than planned so I wouldn't disturb her LOL . This was the first time she wanted up like that. After a rough few weeks, maybe she is finally feeling like she is at home. I hope so!

And the last bit of news is that Kahuna had his first agility class last night. He had a ball, but was exhausted between the record heat, then an hour long class (air conditioned!). He did all the events, but was very slow going through the shoot, stopping to sniff and get all the treats left behind for others. Everyone loved when he jumped through the ring and by the end he even hopped over the jumps instead of just stepping over the bar. He seems to really like it, so we'll see how the beginner class goes and decide from there if we will continue.

Time to start feeding the hungry horde...

Synthia, so many bellies to rub, so little time
Bud, Barney, Kahuna, Zuma, Pearl, Mango, in transit Bodhi
Ace, Maya, Sage, Kirby