[Dailydrool] Moles

Cheryl Medlin tmedlin at triad.rr.com
Sat Aug 1 16:39:45 PDT 2009

We had a pest control guy come out to help us determine what kind of varment was making holes around our fence and house. He said we have "voles" akin to moles. They look like small mice but have shorter tails. My husband saw the rear of one going into a hole and I saw the front of one peering out of his hole. They are a protected species and we can only run them off. Vibrations tend to run them away and some products are supposed to repel them. Just bought it today and haven't tried it yet. We tried granules to kill the grubs that attract them. Once they eat all the grubs and bugs they can find, they move on to your neighbors yards. You can buy some device to insert into their holes and vibrate them out. The new product we bought is a jug you connect to your garden hose and spray the yard. It is Mole,Vole Repellent. I don't want my Basset eating those nasty critters either.The grub granules didn't work for us.I'll post if the spray helps.