[Dailydrool] dominance/submission

Aryeh Meir ameir at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 12 09:07:31 PDT 2009

when choosing my practically perfect puppy the breeder and i decided
that a more submissive dog would be the best match for me.  and that
is exactly what i got.  don't get me wrong,  it has worked out very
well indeed.

i have been wondering about getting another basset though and i worry
about 'upsetting the apple cart' or spoiling a good thing.

how have other multiple basset owners handled this.  how did their
more submissive dogs react with the introduction of another, perhaps,
more dominant basset?

i suppose that even if you were get another 'submissive' basset
that  one of the dogs would come to dominate the other... at least in
their own little pack.  is this accurate?

i'd like to hear some stories around this issue.