[Dailydrool] Mole killing/scent hounds

Phil Guinn guinnirish at cox.net
Sat Aug 1 07:14:23 PDT 2009

Merciful heavens I have never heard of anyone against killing moles.  I would surmise only someone that does not have a mole problem would come up with that idea.

I have a big mole problem.  There is no sweet and gentle way to rid a yard of moles other than death and even with that they seem to multiply faster than you can destroy them.  For the past 3 years they have caused hundreds of dollars of destruction to my yard. I will admit some of the destruction come from two of my three basset hounds digging for them but, as Maura said, these guys were born and bread to hunt and what would be a shame is to not allow them their natural instincts and they get treats for killing moles here and I gladly repair their digging whereas, there is no way short of re-sodding to repair all the damage a mole can cause.

You bet, this basset slave encourages mole killing.

Phil G