[Dailydrool] Update on the 2 seniors

Susan Green suzyvette at satx.rr.com
Sat Aug 1 13:52:57 PDT 2009

Well, the 2 seniors are now residing in San Antonio with Holly & I until they leave for Daphneyland.  They have been here for about an hour and are doing fine.

They were transported to my door by Janna and her husband, volunteers with North Texas Basset Hound Rescue.  My Holly barrooooooed for the entire hour that Janna was here.  I bet she left with a headache b/c my Holly is loud :)

Sophie has settled in already.  I put down 4 bed pillows in the kitchen for them to lay on.  Sophie has tried all 4 of them....LOL   Nancy is more afraid and prefers to be in her crate.  The doors to both crates are open so they can go in and out.  Nancy does come out when I go into the kitchen, but doesn't come up to me.  Sophie is right next to me as soon as she sees me.

I have them gated in the kitchen until they get used to me and Holly.  Since they have already had their 2nd dose of medication for mange they should not be contagious anymore.  We will dose Holly just as a preventative.

They both need to put on some weight, but I'm good at doing that.  Isabella went from 30 to 39 lbs during the 2 months she was here.  I'm not going to have the girls that long, but I should be able to get 5 lbs on each of them :)

Since neither girl has ever lived inside a home I doubt they are housebroken, but they didn't go in their crates, so maybe I will get lucky.  Both of them explored every inch of the yard.

I will keep everyone updated on their progress.  They do not look as old as we were told.  Sophie will have no trouble finding a home, she's very friendly.  And I think that with some time that Nancy will get used to being around people that only want to love her.

Suz