[Dailydrool] Milky spore and vole and shrews

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 10:17:07 PDT 2009

Milky Spore does get rid of the grubs. The gone-grubs also mean fewer
skunks. Skunks love them and will spend an entire, relaxing evening in your
yard digging them up, while you huddle in the house,  nose pressed against
the windows, trying to shush the hounds.
Voles are very common and look like moles with short tails. Shrews are
another story altogether. Our late kitty, Arsenal, once caught a shrew in
the backyard and when it stood up, ran at him and screeched (I do not lie--
I was right there), Arsenal practically had a coronary and paved a path for
it out of the yard.
I am not sure even a Basset would go after that.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley & Cooper

(And the kitties ATB: Ambulance, Arsenal and Beemr