[Dailydrool] Gophers and Moles

V. Tata-Phillips my4hounds at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 2 15:20:28 PDT 2009

So I had never seen a mole in my life, altho we had lots of gophers in California - aside to Scooter - my husband used to put road flares down their holes to chase them off!

Power of Suggestion - since you all are talking about moles - I am caring for some cats across the street and the people invited me to enjoy their pool while they are gone.  So I had fed the cats and scooped the poop and then I jumped in the pool.  After swimming some leisurely laps what did I come face to face with but a VERY DEAD AND BLOATED MOLE!  The pool was quite warm so I felt as if I had been swimming in mole soup!

I plan to bring my mighty hunter dachshund or one of the buppies over tomorrow to chase out any more moles.  They were great gopher hunters in California.  One of our funniest moments was hearing Winnie ATB AROO-ing and then a muffled AROOOOO - when we went out to investigate she had her whole snooter down a gopher hole and was arrooooo-ing at the gophers inside!

The Colonel is finally home for good tomorrow night.  Don't know what the buppies will make of having a full-time daddy around.  Pete has only seen him briefly but Hannah Lee became a real Daddy's girl in the time she spent with him during her 2 years of life-half of which the Colonel spent deployed.  One more short plane flight from Atlanta and he will be home!

Still have some BASSETKU books and some DOGKU books to sell to benefit House of Puddles and Basset Rescue of Florida.  E-mail me for details.

Love and Drool from Florida!

GinnyTata-Phillips, co-author of DOGKU, PETKU and the all Bassets all the time BASSETKU!

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me