[Dailydrool] initial bond...i failed parking lot transfer

LOIS LEMA lemalois at verizon.net
Sun Aug 2 18:22:11 PDT 2009

talk about an initial bond....i failed parking lot transfer with buster brown!...suzanne fitch asked me to foster buster brown for her for a few days.  so i drove and met her in the parking lot of a local petco.   i wasn't looking for another dog.  didn't want one.  was perfectly happy with miss casey (my 12 yr old chessie mix) and mr cooper (the bassetter).

well...she opened the hatch of her car...and buster who was then buddy or flash...stuck his head out.   young..1.5 yr old male puppy...damn cute, goofy looking basset boy.  i think it took all of about 5 seconds for me to fall in love.  he climbed out of her car, stepped up into mine, didn't look back.  drove home snuggled on the seat next to me gazing into my eyes.

changed his name on the way home, had a photo album made the next day and called her to say it was official in under 24 hrs....or something darn close to that.

evil, evil, foster lady.

well that damn fool dog is still glued to my side.  he is a smush.  a demon, who gets into more trouble than a whole herd of other dogs but a smuch.  he sings on command, can hold whole conversations, down a bushel of tomatoes, countersurf better than any other dog i have ever knowm, seems to love agility and adores babies and toddlers.  and know knows what other skills he has....i love him dearly even if he will drive me into early stage severe insanity!

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.  Bertrand Russell