[Dailydrool] Tummies and itchies

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 3 18:40:33 PDT 2009

Maggie and Marley visted the vet today.  I made the appointment for Maggie because her stomach seemed to hard like she had eaten a small ball or something.  Then the vet said it was probably a mild case of bloat and we should have brought her in when it was first noticed.  I had her x-rayed and her tummy looked fine.  Her hips however do not.  She has the beginnings of arthritis and some displasia.  Now she needs to go on a diet.  She is a big girl.  A very big girl but she is not a big eater at least of her food bowl.  Poor thing, she was so good and did not utter a sound the whole time we were there.  They took so long to do the x-ray that I thought they had found something terrible.  They had trouble getting her in the right positions to take the pics.  She is a big moosie girl.

Marley went along because she is once again the itchy.  She never stops scratching.  I had to take her collar off so she wouldn't jingle all night.  She has a rash on one side that is different looking than the stuff before.  We are on another antibiotic and hope this one works.  I think she is just allergic to the world.  Right now she is asleep but when she wakes up the fun will begin again.  I think we will have to have her tested.  I hope she gets better soon.  I thought maybe she had gotten in some poison ivy around the fence when they were redoing it.  The DH has some on his leg.  The vet says it is probably an elusive mite that wouldn't show in a test or lab finding.  If not that, then it is probably allergies.

I just love our neighbors.  Did they say thanks for fixing the fence?  Did they offer any help?  Did they offer any money?  Of course not.  Now she wants us to haul the old boards away because we have a truck.  They benefit from the fence.  AARRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.  She is so irritating.  Next she will want us to vaccum the dog hair they drop if the stray into her grass.  Maybe I will send her a cat.  Naw, too cruel for the cat.

Yesterday I let Shelby out in the front yard by herself without a leash.  She is so slow even i can outrun her.  She loves it out there.  It is like a whole new country or something.  Shelbs is such a tease.  She will run or wadddle fast for a few feet and then  turn around to see if I am looking as if to say "You can't catch me" and then keep waddling.  She talks to us out there like a person.  She is the funniest girl.  I'm so glad she feels comfortable and enjoys the little things each day.  She is nearing or already 14 and still acts like a kid at times.  And in the time we have had her she has not been sick or itchy or hurt once.  Way to go girl.  Accoring to the vet chart she is somewhere between 82 and 86 in people years.  I certainly won't tell her to act her age.

Snooters and drool to those in need.

Ninja, Marley, Maggie, Shelby and the dueling kitties