[Dailydrool] Thanks for all the messages

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Mon Aug 3 16:26:26 PDT 2009

I want to thank all the Droolers for the nice messages and cards. It means a lot. I will get back to you all soon. I went out and hacked at some overgrown bushes along the back fence this afternoon. I'm angry that Mango got to me too late to do much for her. If only the people who had her had just given her to rescue when the didn't want her, instead of just letting her suffer for so long. I don't understand it, and I hate that Mango paid the price for stupidity and indifference.

I just finished feeding everyone. That is the hardest for me - one less bowl. I don't need to worry about her special food or meds. She wasn't barking at me to "hurry up already!" and get her food down. I'm happy that she isn't in pain any more, and know we did the right thing today. I asked the vet several times if she had anything else to offer and she said no....it was the right thing. I just really wanted her to have some pain-free, procedure-free time to just be a hound. The e-collar came off after the laser treatment on her face, and three days later I noticed the lesion on her foot. A week later, she is gone. Too bad I wasn't writing the script. It sure would have had a different ending!

If only Mango had found her way here sooner.....

Synthia