[Dailydrool] Thanks from Marty with long legs

Peter Lehndorff Peter at Lehndorff.info
Tue Aug 4 08:10:46 PDT 2009

Marty wanted to thank all his well-wishers (smell wishers?) for
helping him drum up donations for his trip to Woofstock in September.
And for all the compliments on his singing.

Marty and Rosco both are/were on the tall side. Probably some of it
was breeding. Every foster we have had has had his /her own quirks.
Topher was the only real moose. What matters to me is the health and
the spine. I wish there was a way so that no dog (or person) would
end up with a degenerating spine like Rosco, and Max, our first
basset. We are trying to keep Marty from jumping up.... as much. We
have stopped him from jumping on our antique bed which is practically
a skyscraper for him. I did read about a new laser surgery they are
experimenting with on dachshunds. Less invasive. Sounds promising.

After back surgery Max lived about another 6 years or so before it
happened again and we let him go. Rosco was only 7 and by then the
surgery would have cost $4 thousand(US). Even with an offer of help
from our rescue we couldn't do it.

So we are hoping to keep Marty with us for a long while :-)

Best

Peter and Kathy and Marty, the Basset

_________________
Lehndorff Design