[Dailydrool] Day 3 with 3 Hounds

Susan Green suzyvette at satx.rr.com
Tue Aug 4 09:47:05 PDT 2009

It's been 3 days since the 2 seniors that will be going to Daphneyland arrived in San Antonio.

Sophie has settled in like she's lived in a house all her life.  She has not been back in her crate.  She has taken over the 4 pillows that are laying near the crates.  She is always happy to see me when I walk into the kitchen and I have no doubt that she will be adopted quickly once she gets to California.

Nancy is still scared and stays in her crate most of the time.  She does come out on her own when she needs to go outside.  But she will run when I go to open the door, so I have to go the long way around to open it so she goes out instead of going back into her crate.  We are making progress though....she took a treat from my hand yesterday :)

Both girls are housetrained.  I don't know how, but neither girl has gone in the house or in their crate.  I have not closed the crate doors at night so they could have gone in the kitchen if they wanted to, but they haven't.

Holly Noelle is being a good little hostess.  She has been a little more needy, but I'm making sure that she gets extra love whenever she wants it.

The girls love their California Natural with warm oatmeal on top.  When I pick up their bowls they look like they have already been washed...LOL    And they haven't turned their noses up to a biscuit or a piece of chicken jerky either.
And they don't yell if dinner is late.

Elder Clara is correct....seniors are very little work, just need some good food, a warm bed, and a little love.

Suz