[Dailydrool] What's in a Name? -Irish names

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Tue Aug 4 11:52:58 PDT 2009

The Dog House Gang wants to put in their 32 up Irish names.  There was a bit of a squabble over the top names...but Empress Ruby Doo put down her iron paw and narrowed it down.

1.  Aisling (ash-lin)= dream or vision
2.  Ma'iri'n (maw reen)= Irish for obstinancy or rebelliousness
    ( not that this would ever describe our little droolers LOL)
3.  Mave =(Meyv) intoxicating
4.  Pa'draig (pah-drik,'Paw-rik') male or female = male or female of noble descent
     This is the Empress' pick as it has paw in the pronuciation and she interprets
      the name to mean the girl with the noble paw.
5.  Sorcha (sor ha) = radiant

MommaSlave of course has no say whatsoever as I am just...... the slave.

We send drool to all in need.
Karen and the Dog House Gang