[Dailydrool] Irish (Gaelic) Basset Names

Laura Tancredi tancgirl1980 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 6 10:12:39 PDT 2009

I know that you have been given like a million names but my neighbors are Irish and their daughter's name is Saoirse, pronounced Sear-sha, meaning Freedom.  Of course the more complicated the name the more difficult it will be for people to pronounce.  I say this from experience using a Japanese name for my non-basset.  For Flash we ran through a few until he seemed to respond to one of them.  His name before was Patches and I didn't really think it fit his personality.  Good luck on the name hunt :)

Laura
Flash and
Ryu (pronounced Ree-u but often pronounced Rye-u at the boarding kennel, groomers, by family members, etc)