[Dailydrool] And The Winner Of The Basset Christmas Tree Is.....

Pam Farris savethebassets at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 6 10:13:48 PDT 2009

Dawn Van Kueren of New Jersey!  Congratulations to Dawn....this was a much sought after item and the donations made in July enabled us to pay the vet bills for the bassets.  The generous donation of this tree by Jacky and Michael Pomponio kept our intake open during a time when bassets in need were falling from the palm trees like coconuts during a hurricane.

5 of the July bassets were heartworm positive so we now have 5 heartworm treatments to pay for.  Jacky and Michael continue their support by the donation of 5 wonderful "bassety" items.  A gorgeous lap throw and pillow, some melodious pewter wind chimes, a set of 4 sandstone coasters and an thermometer to keep track of how hot it's getting this summer.  We also have a copy of Ginny Tata-Phillips Dogku Book available.

We will have 5 winners this month of the giveaways.  Each $5.00 that you donate will get you one chance in the drawing which will be held on August 31st.  You may make your donation by PayPal but do NOT put anything about raffle or tickets on your PayPal form.  This is a donation from you strictly (raffles are not allowed by PayPal in case you didn't know)  Our gift to you for your donation will be a chance or chances to win one of four beautiful basset items for your home (or Ginny's fabulous book).  Pictures of these items can be found here:
http://photobucket.com/AugustGiveAways

Donations can be made by PayPal here:
http://www.bassetrescueflorida.com/old/basset-donations.htm

Thank you for your continued support of our work.  Florida has been near the top of states with home foreclosures and we are now seeing a large number of bassets being taken to shelters by people that are desperate for a roof over their own head and in the aftermath, these wonderful bassets find themselves homeless.

Pam Farris
Basset Rescue of Florida, Inc.
www.BassetRescueFlorida.com