[Dailydrool] Most travelled bassets....

gadirtroadblues at aol.com gadirtroadblues at aol.com
Thu Aug 6 14:49:23 PDT 2009

Maggie Dawg (who will be eleven this Jan) spent her first three years criss crossing the country with me.? We used to log about 1000 a week - Maggie has visited Vegas a few times (stayed at Caesars - loved the buffet there), up and down the coast of Cailfornia (Big Sur was always our favorite, dipped her paws in san Diego Beach, walked the streets of Manhattan and travelled extensively through the southeast.? Zoe joined us about one year into our travels and has about 100,000 miles as well and then there was Cleo who put in about 50,000 miles.? I have always found that the secret is to try not to be in a hurry and to let the hounds smell the roses or whatever else hounds like to smell.? Maggie and Zoe have since retired.? They know spend their days couch serving when I'm out of town while Cleo still enjoys the thrills of the road as she joins my three older beagles when we do our overnights..