[Dailydrool] Disipline of the basset

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Thu Aug 6 14:53:58 PDT 2009

Courtney, first off, please keep in mind I am owned by Brudder Elwood, so my advice is probably worthless----BUT-I am also owned by Brudder Jake that acts alot like your Franny. He is as sweet as they come, but he can be very possessive. The couch is a problem, he is not allowed since he feels he bought and paid for it. He can snooze on the loveseat, and does okay for the mostpart up there, toys are taken that appear to be a issue, but my best friend for disipline is a water squirt bottle. When I pick it up, they scatter. This has really helped Jake understand what is right, what is wrong. I never smack him--okay he did get a newspaper smack the other day, he looked at me and kept on going,?but it could be that Franny is confused between when your hand coming at her is good, and when it will hurt.
Once she has had a good squirt in the chops a few times,with a firm NO?she will get the idea, and make the association. Assert yourself as Alpha with your voice.??I have several squirt bottles around the home, in easy reach. Jake knows when I reach for his head its cause he is getting a good scratch, or a Momma kiss. The squirt bottles sure worked here.

Drool to all in need--

Debbie Winchester
Ol' Bob, Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake
OEBE Elder Clara, Queen of Farts