[Dailydrool] Disciplining your basset(s)

Dossey, Gwenda G gdossey at tycoelectronics.com
Fri Aug 7 01:51:05 PDT 2009

Debbie wrote: my best friend for discipline is a water squirt bottle.

I just have to say that 1) it does work wonderfully, but 2) be sure to put it up high out of the way when you leave the room!!  We were using a squirt bottle to discipline our Teddi and it worked great!  All I had to do is pick it up and said offence would stop!!  Then one day I left it on the coffee table when I went to bed and I woke up to find the squirt part of the bottle in a hundred little pieces!!  I guess she decided that she wasn't going to be bad any more and we weren't going to need the squirt bottle any longer!!! :)

By the way, my Teddi was also trained using time-outs and to this day (she'll be 7 in October) she can be rough housing or chasing a dog that looks like it's overwhelmed at the park and I can yell "Teddi, Time-Out" and she'll stop right away!!  I really am a lucky mom!!

~Gwen - Slave to Tatum (atb), Teddi, Casper, Sadie Jean (atb 5/2/07) and Madden~
Dogster Pages:
Tatum: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=2769&j=t
Teddi: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=2773&j=t                                                                Casper:http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=2775&j=t                                                                                                                                                                Sadie Jean:http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php? i=3464&j=t<http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?%20i=3464&j=t>                                                                                                                                                           Madden: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/562679