[Dailydrool] GPS in Bassets

Bill billa_1 at msn.com
Sat Aug 8 10:55:19 PDT 2009

I drive Janie Anne to the park every morning where we walk it's circumference, about 3/4 of a mile.  As of late, Janie will stop and go "flat Basset" about 200 feet from the car.  Out come the treats and she will advance about 20 feet at a time till we make it to the car.
I have no problem with this, Bassets will be Bassets!
However, I have started parking in different places around the park, attempting to confuse her as to where she should do her "Flat" trick.  This works for maybe 2 days, then she will flop down at approximately the same distance from the car.   She must have some kind of GPS system that tells her the proximity of the car.
We know most of the people who live adjacent to the park and they tell me how entertaining it is to watch Janie "train" me.
Does anyone else have a GPS Basset?
Janie will be 7 next week, does that qualify her as a "Senior"?
Bassets, you gotta' love 'em!
Woofs to all.
Janie Anne (Colorado Mt Basset)----I'm only 49 in people years and 49 is the new 39, just ask Jack Benny & Bill

dogster.com/dogs/729730