[Dailydrool] Hounds are at the bottom for intelligence

Maura DeYong mauradeyong at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 9 17:49:01 PDT 2009

That is a bunch of garbage!  My beagle, who is 3 yo, knows at least 25 words, probably more. If she wants something, I will say a word to her, and if she doesn't want that, then she is silent. If she does want it, then she barks a soft "Arooo". That is how we communicate. Not counting the facial expressions she gives me. And the small growl she gives me when she is sleeping and I bother her by moving her. She is communicating she doesn't want to be disturbed when sleeping. :)   Doesn't sound too dumb to me!  Obviously, the survey people didn't survey hound people!