[Dailydrool] Neighborhood treat

Jane Hay jhay at nc.rr.com
Mon Aug 10 12:35:31 PDT 2009

The Houndettes gave the neighborhood quite a treat the other day (although I
don't know if the neighbors quite agree with that statement!). There was
something out towards the street that they got extremely excited over. When
they decided that they couldn't get through the fence to get to it, our bell
hound, Suzy, started to howl. Before I knew it, all four had the most
beautiful chorus going that went on for about two minutes. Of course, Jersey
kind of sounds like a howling walrus but it was music to my ears. We have
heard them howl in the house when we've left them in the past but this was
the first time outside. It was wonderful!

I can't get real worked up over someone putting our hounds at the bottom of
the intelligence chart because we all know better. There aren't too many
breeds out there that have their two leggers trained as well as our hounds
have all of us trained!

Jane & the Houndettes

Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger